Tutorial : how to analyze a scan with ISS ?
This tutorial explains the basis functions to analyze a scan with ImageScanSplitter,
To follow it, you can download the scan used in this tutorial here (tutorial1_r.jpg)
- Press the ‘single scan’ button (at top left) and choose the scan you have downloaded above ( file tutorial1_r.jpg)
- ISS will automatically detect the 7 elements in the scans:
- In most cases, you only need now to save the detected elements by clicking in the button ‘Create files’ at left:
- For the purpose of this tutorial, we’ll explore some more options available in ISS.
One of those elements (the bloc of 4 at top right) is inclined.
To fix it:
- Click with the mouse right button on this block of 4
- Choose the menu ‘Rotation’ and select : ’90° CCW (Counter Clockwise)’
- The bloc will now appears as below:
The 2 imperforated stamps at top left are separated. For the purpose of this turotial, we’ll merge them together
- Select the elements to merge by clicking with the left button on each stamp.
- Right click on any of those 2 stamps and choose: ‘Merge those 2 elements’
- The 2 stamps are now merged:
We’ll enlarge the border around the green stamp at bottom left (the borders around the other stamps will not change):
- Right click on the green stamp at bottom left
- Choose the ‘Border around’ menu and select ‘Enlarge’:
- The stamp will now look like this:
We’ll remove 1 element then undo (rollback) this action:
- Right click on the stamp at bottom right and select ‘Delte this element’
- The stamp will disappear:
- Click on the ‘Undo button’ (at left) to cancel the last action:
- The stamp is back:
To finish, we’ll save all the elements.
- Choose (at left) the directory where the files will be saved:
- Choose the output format:
- Press the button:
- The files are saved (here in JPEG format) in the above directory.