Tutorial : merge front and back scans
This turotial describes how to merge front and back scans.
This feature is only available in the PRO Version of ISS (to get a trial PRO licence, click here)
The front and back scans used in this tutorial are Tutorial2_front.jpg (front scan) and Tutorial2_back.jpg (back scan).
Please download those 2 scans in your hard disk to follow the steps below.
- Press the button located at top left.
- You’ll be first asked for the front scan.
Please select the Tutorial2_front.jpg file downloaded above.
- You’ll then be asked for the back scan.
Select the Tutorial2_back.jpg file downloaded above.
- The following screen will be displayed (the paths may be differents in your computer):
- With the line ‘Store output pictures in’ you can indicate where the extracted pictures will be saved.
- Ensure that the option: ‘Each scan contains exactly one element’ is not checked.
- Ensure that the option: ‘Stop after each scan analyze to let me manually modify the selection’ is checked
- You can then start the analyze by pressing the button
Step 2: Front Scan analyze
- The Front scan will be analyzed:
- One of the element (the grey stamp at top) has been scanned rotated:
To correct it, right click on the stamp, the Rotate menu, then choose: ’90° CW (Clockwise)’ :
- The stamp is now horizontal:
- To end the Front Scan analyze, and to start the Back Scan analyze,
pres the button at left.
Step 3: Back Scan analyze
- The Back Scan will be analyzed:
As you’ll see the grey stop at top has been automatically rotated.
- To create the output files, click the button at left.
The files will be created (here in JPEG High quality) in the directory indicated above (option: ‘Store output pictures in’)
- To see what the 33 extracted files look like, you can download the following archive.